Saturday, October 30, 2010

an old hymn

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace; streams of mercy,
never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer; hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger, interposed his precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.

God, that's the cry of my heart.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." -Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment